Concerned by the need to protect the personal data of its customers and prospects, Maisons du Monde undertakes to respect the provisions of law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as modified, on Information Technology, Files and Civil Liberties as well as those of the EU regulation No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
As processing manager, Maisons du Monde France undertakes to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data, in compliance with this Personal Data Protection Policy.
By using our Site, creating a customer account or placing an order, you agree to full and unreserved acceptance of the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy.
Maisons du Monde may freely modify this Personal Data Protection Policy. Any modification shall take effect upon publication.
Who is the personal data processing manager?
The processing manager is the legal or natural person who, alone or jointly with others, determines the processing purposes and means.
The processing manager of the personal data transmitted, in particular, when navigating on the site, creating a customer account or placing an order is:
Maisons du Monde France
Lieu-dit Le Portereau
44120 VERTOU CEDEX
NANTES RCS (company and trade register) no. 383 196 656
What personal data are collected, and how?
Maisons du Monde, as processing manager, is likely to process all or some of the following data:
- Surname (and maiden name)
- First name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username and password
- Information about purchases and orders and implementation of the warranty
- Electronic identification data available on or from your computer (such as "cookies" and "IP addresses")
- Activity data on the Maisonsdumonde.com site (type of pages visited, date of visit or actions performed on the site such as putting an article in the basket)
We collect and process your personal data in order to process your information requests and your orders, and to provide a high-quality service and simplify your access to our products and our services.
Maisons du Monde is likely to collect data when:
- you navigate on our website
- you register on our website
- you register on our website or in store to receive our newsletters and sales communications.
- you place an order on our website or in store, on with our online sales advisers
- you take part in a competition game, whether on our site or on a partner's site
- you post content on one of our social media channels or you allow us to reuse the content you have posted
Why are these data collected?
Maisons du Monde collects your personal data to:
- Allow you to create and access a personal space on the Maisonsdumonde.com site
- Answer your questions
- Take into account and manage the sales relation: process and track your order, your delivery, your billing, the after-sales service and conduct satisfaction surveys
- Manage unpaid bills and disputes
- Fight against fraud
- Adapt the presentation of our site to your terminal (mobile, computer or tablet)
Subject to your agreement, these data will also allow us to:
- Send you sales communications, targeted or not
- Customise the offers/products in which you might be interested according to your purchasing history
- Determine your favourite store to inform you of its new products/events
- Produce sales or performance measurement statistics on the communications deployed
- Conduct analyses and create marketing tools (e.g. score, segmentation, etc.)
- Manage the competition games, surveys, etc. in which you take part
- Place on line the comments and contents posted on the social networks
Are you going to receive sales proposals?
Maisons du Monde will ask your for your explicit consent before sending you any sales communications.
Maisons du Monde will not send you any communications or requests without your consent.
Are your data shared with other companies?
Maisons du Monde undertakes not to sell your personal data to partner brands for commercial purposes. Your personal data will be used solely by Maisons du Monde
Your personal data are shared with subcontractors of Maisons du Monde, for the following purposes in particular:
- Conduct advertising campaigns (send the campaigns, optimise their transmission, improve the campaign targets, etc.)
- Improve customer knowledge from a statistical and geomarketing point of view
- Conduct satisfaction surveys
- Invite you to events organised by Maisons du Monde in partnership with other brands.
For how long will your data be stored?
Maisons du Monde stores the personal data of its prospects and customers for the time required to achieve the purposes of the processing conducted, or for a period laid down by law.
Cookies are stored for a maximum period of thirteen (13) months.
To determine the appropriate storage delays, Maisons du Monde makes a distinction between prospects and customers.
The personal data of prospects are kept for a period of three (3) years from the last positive and explicit contact from the prospect.
The personal data of customers are kept if they are necessary to achieve the purpose to be obtained. They are deleted if the customer exercises his/her right to deletion and be forgotten.
Contractual data are kept and archived for the period necessary to fulfil the contractual obligations (warranty, conformity, etc.) as well as the legal, accounting and tax obligations and/or during the relevant limitation periods.
If you agreed to receive sales proposals, we keep your personal data until you unsubscribe or until you request us to delete the data.
Furthermore, any person may give instructions concerning the management of his/her personal data and their storage, their deletion and their communication after his/her death. In the absence of specific instructions given by the deceased person during his/her lifetime, the heirs may only exercise the rights of deletion and to be forgotten.
How can you exercise your rights?
What are your rights?
In compliance with the applicable personal data protection regulations, you can:
- Access all your data (subject to certain restrictions)
- Rectify and update your data if they are incorrect, incomplete or obsolete
- Request the portability of your data
- Refuse the processing of your data
- Request the deletion of your data. This is not an absolute right, insofar as we may have to keep your personal data for legal, legitimate or contractual reasons
- Request a limitation of the processing that we carry out on your data.
How do you exercise your rights?