Using cookies when visiting our site
You may disable these cookies at any time, free of charge, from the disabling options available to you and of which you are reminded at the bottom of this page, in the knowledge that this may reduce or prevent access to all or part of the services offered on our site. In the event that you do not decide to disable cookies, you agree that our site may use them.
WHAT IS A COOKIE AND HOW IS IT USED?
When browsing our site, information about your browsing on our site from your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) is saved in text files called 'Cookies', installed on your browser. These cookies will be used to recognise your browser during the period for which the cookie concerned is valid. Only the issuer of the cookie concerned may read or modify the information contained therein.
Some cookies are essential to the use of our site, others allow the optimisation of the use of our site and the personalisation of displayed content. So cookies enable us:
- To measure and analyse the visits to and use of our site, our sections and services offered, allowing us to carry out studies and improve the value and design of our site and our services,
- To memorise your browser’s display preferences (language used, display settings, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the layout of our site during your visits, depending on the hardware and software used by your device and which are used for browsing our site.
- To memorise information relating, for example, to a form that you have filled in or to a service (registration, access to your account) or to information which you have chosen (such as services to which you’ve signed up).
- To allow you to access restricted, personal spaces on our site, such as your personal account, through log in details or personal data which you have previously communicated, enabling you to access, where necessary, personalised content,
- To implement security measures,
- To limit the number of displayed adverts,
- To adapt advertising content on our site to your interests and, possibly, to link it to a geographic area (eg a list of the nearest stores),
- To adapt and send you personalised adverts which are specifically intended for you by means of electronic prospecting or by displaying adverts on your device within advertising spaces containing cookies which we issue. When you access a third-party site with advertising spaces which showcase one of our advertisements, this advert may be targeted at you because of the recognition of one of our cookies which we have previously placed in your browser. These cookies may be issued by our technical service providers and used.
Types of cookies used
1. Required cookies for the successful functioning of online purchases
These are cookies which are required to use our site, enabling you to add products to your basket, access your customer account, etc. These cookies are issued by Maisons du Monde.
|.maisonsdumonde.com mdm||Session ID for connecting the user's session information|
2. Analytical cookies
These allow us to analyse what is happening on our site in order to improve its performance and the way in which we present our content. They monitor your browsing (the most visited pages, the pages viewed when leaving our site, the length of your visit, etc.). These cookies are issued by Maisons du Monde. Example: .maisonsdumonde.com_ga
3. Functional cookies
These allow us to offer you additional functionalities on the site and to personalise our services and content. These cookies are mainly issued by Maisons du Monde.
|.maisonsdumonde.com lang||Stores the user's preferred language|
|barilliance||Enables personalised content to be offered to the user, based on his/her browsing|
|.maisonsdumonde.com ABTasty||Enables the assigning of a segment to the user, to ensure the same display during browsing in the case of test A/B|
4. Cookies issued by third parties
Our site may contain cookies issued by third parties (communication agencies, audience measurement agencies, targeted advertising providers, etc.) and allowing the latter, during the period of validity of these cookies, to:
- collect browsing information relating to the devices used to view our site,
- determine the advertising content likely to correspond to users’ interests, based on previous browsing on the device concerned.
Some examples: affiliation, sociomantic ... This list is not exhaustive and can change, depending on our partnerships.
Go to the end of this page for more information on the purpose of advertising cookies.
5. Social network cookies
We may include third party computer applications on our site which allow you to share content from our site with others or to let others know about your browsing or your opinion of our site’s content. This applies to the 'Share’ and ‘Like’ buttons from social networks including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The social network is likely to identify you by means of this button, even if you did not use it as you viewed our site. This type of application button can allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our site, simply because your social network account was active on your device (open session) while you were browsing our site.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information about your browsing on our site, in combination with the personal data to which they have access. We invite you to view the privacy policies of these social networks in order to learn the purposes, particularly relating to advertising, of the browsing information which they can gather via these application buttons. These privacy policies must allow you to make your own choices with these social networks by changing the settings for your account with each of these networks.
The saving of a cookie on a device is essentially subject to the will of the user of the device, which the user can express and modify at any time, free of charge, through the choices available on his/her browser.
If you have set your browser to accept cookies on your device, the cookies which make up the pages and content which you have consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on your device. They will only be readable by their issuer.
If you refuse to save cookies on your device, or if you delete cookies stored on your device, you will no longer be able to access a number of features which are required to browse certain areas of our site.
- If you attempt to access our content or services which require you to log in,
- When we or our service providers cannot recognise, for technical purposes, the type of browser your device uses, its language and display settings or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the internet.
We would like to inform you that refusing to install or removing cookies required for good browsing on our site can lead to a reduced functioning of our services. This is your own choice and is made at your own risk; its consequences cannot be considered to be of our own making.
What is the purpose of the cookies accompanying our advertising content, shown by third parties?
When you access a site which contains advertising spaces showing one of our adverts, this advert may contain a cookie.
Subject to your chosen settings, this cookie may be saved on your device to allow us to recognise your browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned and to calculate the sums due to the different players within the advertising channel (communication agency, advertising agency, distribution site/medium) and to compile statistics.
What is the advantage of seeing adverts which are adapted to your browsing?
We want to show you the most relevant adverts possible. To this end, cookie technology makes it possible to determine in real time which advert to display on a device, according to recent browsing on that device on one or several sites or applications.
You undoubtedly prefer seeing adverts which best match your interests rather than adverts which are of no interest to you. Similarly, we want to ensure that we display adverts which are most likely to be of interest to our users.
Sharing the use of your device with other people
If your device is used by more than one person and the same device has multiple browsers, we cannot guarantee that the services and adverts for your device correspond to your own use of this device - they may relate to another user’s use of that device. You are free to choose to share the use of your device with other people and to configure your browser’s settings with regard to cookies; you are also responsible for these decisions.
Your choices regarding cookies
You can choose to change your preferences regarding cookies at any time by means of the following methods:
1. The options available to you via your browser
You can configure your browser so that cookies are saved on your device or so that they are rejected either systematically or depending on their issuer.
You can also configure your browser so that you can accept or reject cookies from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be saved on your device.
Simply go to your browser's help menu to find out how to change your settings in accordance with your preferences.
Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Cookies-and-cache/Enable-and-disable-cookies-that-websites-use-to-track-your/ta-p/2784
2. Your choices expressed online on inter-professional platforms
You can log on to the Youronlinechoices website, offered by digital advertising professionals within the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You will be able to find out which companies within the field of advertising are registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility to refuse or accept the cookies which they use to adapt the adverts likely to to be displayed on your device, according to your browsing information: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
This European platform is used by hundreds of advertising professionals on the internet and constitutes a centralised interface which allows you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies as specified above.
This procedure will not prevent the display of adverts on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies which allow you to tailor adverts to your interests.